Ok so preparing your Capsule Wardrobe for a new season is quite a work intense process. For me the most stressful part is to figure out what I am missing for the season ahead or what I want to add in, and I am sure I am not the only one. There are so much trends and brands floating around that the decisions are hard to make and the variety is messing with your head. So that´s why I am talking about something that, hopefully, is gonna make it a lot easier for you to find those missing pieces: Decluttering!
1. Make the whole process enjoyable by listening to your favourite music and have some snacks…Decluttering in a good mood is so much more effective!
2. Make 3 different piles! One for items you want to donate or give to friends, one for the pieces you want to sell, and one for clothing that you are not really sure wether you want to keep them or not. So when you are finished it´s easier to take the already sorted piles where they belong. ( you can store the “not sure – pile” in a box for three months to see if you miss any of those items )
3. Be honest with yourself. Things you don´t enjoy wearing or not fit you properly are not adding any value to your wardrobe!
4. Give your wardrobe a fresh start by cleaning it from dust
5. Once you are done, look at the pieces you still have in your closet and make a list with colours / shapes / items you enjoy wearing. This list is a good way to get a better idea of your style and to figure out those missing pieces that would make a great addition to the items you already own and love…It´s so much easier to see without the clutter, right? 🙂
Clear space, clear mind! Do you agree? Leave me a comment… See you on Sunday with a new outfit at 8pm CET.
I wish you the best day ever!